Student Prize Paper Competition
All IEEE student members are invited and encouraged to enter the IGARSS Student Prize Paper Competition. Ten finalists will be selected by a committee to present their papers during a special session at the symposium in Boston. All finalists will be offered partial travel support funding. Three prizes will be presented: First Prize (Mikio Takagi Student Prize) US$ 500.00, Second Prize US$ 300.00, Third Prize US$ 200.00, plus certificates for each. Following the special session at IGARSS, a complimentary ticket to the GRSS Annual Awards Banquet will be given to all ten finalists. A full paper must be submitted by the abstract deadline of January 14, 2008.
Requirements and procedure:
- The first/principal author must be a student.
- The student must be an IEEE member.
- Each student can only submit one paper for consideration in the contest.
- The student must be in a degree program at the time of submission of IGARSS 2008 paper.
- The student must attend IGARSS 2008 and present the paper.
- The student will publish the paper in the IGARSS 2008 proceedings.
- The student must email a PDF version of the full paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by the abstract deadline of January 14, 2008.
- The full paper MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT.
- The student must submit, either by fax (+1-979-864-6900) or email of a scanned document in PDF or JPEG format to email@example.com, a signed letter from a faculty advisor stating the student: is a candidate for a degree; will personally present the paper (if accepted); will publish in the IGARSS 2008 Proceedings; will register and participate in the symposium; and can attend the Awards Banquet.